- Machines vs. cashiers: Why shoppers are so divided over self-checkout
- An often-overlooked risk, the science of slips and falls can be life-saving
- Banning Huawei from Canada's 5G networks could be costly for taxpayers
- Canada's Sharpe, Karker finish 1-2 at World Cup ski halfpipe event
- Report: Writer Ned Benson Has Been Brought in to Rewrite the Black Widow Movie
Learning a new language through immersion doesn’t mean you have to pack your bags and move to Europe for three months. Now, you just need to turn on Netflix. Language Learning with Netflix is a Chrome extension that lets you watch shows with two subtitles on at the same time so you can visually pair translations with dialogue and learn some new vocabulary in the process. It’s a clever service that makes use of Netflix’s massive catalog and all of the major languages in which it already offers subtitles, including Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish, and Turkish.
The extension was created by developers David Wilkinson and Ognjen Apic who experimented with making their own language…