- In the First Trailer for The Magicians Season 4, a Revolution Is Rising
- Saturday's Best Deals: PlayStation Plus, Anki Toys, Power Tools, Sonos, and More
- NASA Image of Merging Galaxy Clusters Looks Suspiciously Like the USS Enterprise
- Captain Marvel Is Crash Landing Into Disney's California Adventure Park
- Trump Suggests California Wildfires Can Be Avoided by 'Raking'
On the very first page of The End of Animal Farming, author Jacy Reese makes it clear that the book is not about why animal farming is bad. There have been plenty of books chronicling the damage caused by factory farms, but his book is about how to solve animal farming itself.
Technology will be a big part of the answer, says Reese, an animal rights activist and research director at the Sentience Institute. Scientific advances have already brought us the plant-based Impossible Burger and the first lab-grown burger, but we have a ways to go before we can permanently switch to cultured meat.
The Verge spoke to Reese about technological advancements, why companies like Tyson are investing in alternative meat, and why we shouldn’t expect…