- Schools keep teaching slavery and civil rights history in ways that traumatize black students
- They survived Columbine. Then came Sandy Hook. And Parkland.
- The Mueller report’s biggest mystery
- The Seth Rich conspiracy theory needs to end now
- Steve Yzerman named Red Wings GM, leaving Lightning after 9 years
SpaceX successfully landed the center core of its Falcon Heavy rocket on a drone ship last week, but the vehicle accidentally fell into the ocean while in transit to the Florida coast. The company blamed the loss on choppy seas.
“Over the weekend, due to rough sea conditions, SpaceX’s recovery team was unable to secure the center core booster for its return trip to Port Canaveral,” SpaceX said in a statement to The Verge. “As conditions worsened with eight to ten foot swells, the booster began to shift and ultimately was unable to remain upright. While we had hoped to bring the booster back intact, the safety of our team always takes precedence. We do not expect future missions to be impacted.”