- Migrant girl dies in Border Patrol’s custody
- Tenants today are reportedly still paying for a Trump family tax scheme from the 1990s
- Road to the Olympic Games: World Cup skeleton
- Disney actor Stoney Westmoreland fired after arrest
- Benedict Cumberbatch will star in an HBO movie about Brexit. Here’s why the film is controversial.
The new Disney movie Ralph Breaks the Internet has been the top film at the box office for a few weeks in a row, not a particular surprise in a holiday season where people are looking for films that will entertain kids without boring adults. The original 2012 Wreck-It Ralph was a revelation for Disney films — a fleet, funny, but emotional movie that took its audience inside the world of video games, and focused on a game villain, Ralph, who wanted to be seen as a hero. He finds his best friend in Vanellope von Schweetz, a candy-themed racing-game star who’s been ousted from her own game.
In the sequel, Ralph inadvertently breaks Vanellope’s game console, and the two characters go to the internet together, hoping to find a replacement…