- Schools keep teaching slavery and civil rights history in ways that traumatize black students
- They survived Columbine. Then came Sandy Hook. And Parkland.
- The Mueller report’s biggest mystery
- The Seth Rich conspiracy theory needs to end now
- Steve Yzerman named Red Wings GM, leaving Lightning after 9 years
Aretha Franklin received an honorary Pulitzer Prize on Monday, as judges praised the Queen of Soul “for her indelible contribution to American music and culture.” Competitive Pulitzers were awarded to books about two other giants of American history: Frederick Douglass and Alain Locke.