- Netflix’s re-translation of Neon Genesis Evangelion is drawing backlash for queer erasure
- Google warns its employees that Pride protests are against the company’s code of conduct
- Apple doubles planned Seattle expansion to 2,000 employees
- Gigi Hadid wants to rewrite copyright law around her Instagram account
- Watch Mike Pence pack 2 big lies about the environment into a single 20-second clip
A new Downtown Drop Limited-Time Mode is bringing Michael Jordan’s Jumpman brand to Fortnite. While it is about hang time, it’s not the basketball variety that Mr. Jordan is famous for. The theme here is skateboarding, and players get to roam around a “Brooklyn-inspired” downtown area, completing challenges to unlock extra goodies and beautification items for their hero. Some of it is free, but, as usual for Fortnite, those with greater disposable incomes will get more out of the new experience.
There used to be a time when video games were an escape from the overwhelming deluge of brands that assaults our real-world senses every day. Now, brands are popping up all over the gaming landscape — nowhere more so than Fortnite. Its list of…