- Trump to Congress: I’ll work with you on infrastructure — if you pass my trade deal
- Can Huawei fight back against its trade ban?
- CFL, players rubber stamp 3-year collective bargaining agreement
- The crisis of children dying in custody at the border, explained
- RavPower’s 45W USB-C wall charger is almost half off for Verge readers
Soon after Mike Schroepfer was promoted to Facebook CTO, he began recruiting top neural network researchers to build up the company’s AI capabilities. At the time, he and CEO Mark Zuckerberg wanted to use machine learning to focus on areas like facial recognition, targeted ads, language translation, and chatbots.