- Migrant girl dies in Border Patrol’s custody
- Tenants today are reportedly still paying for a Trump family tax scheme from the 1990s
- Road to the Olympic Games: World Cup skeleton
- Disney actor Stoney Westmoreland fired after arrest
- Benedict Cumberbatch will star in an HBO movie about Brexit. Here’s why the film is controversial.
In an effort to reduce gender bias in its translations, Google Translate will now show gender-specific translations for some languages. Previously, Google Translate would only show one translation for words that could either have a feminine or masculine form. Translations for words like “strong” or “doctor” would skew masculine, while “beautiful” and “nurse” would skew feminine. Now, Google Translate will show both feminine and masculine translations for words in select languages.
Google’s been on a mission to promote fairness in AI and machine learning, as demonstrated recently by its initiative to remove gendered pronouns from Gmail’s Smart Compose feature. The company says it’s also thinking about how to address non-binary gender in…