- Netflix’s re-translation of Neon Genesis Evangelion is drawing backlash for queer erasure
- Google warns its employees that Pride protests are against the company’s code of conduct
- Apple doubles planned Seattle expansion to 2,000 employees
- Gigi Hadid wants to rewrite copyright law around her Instagram account
- Watch Mike Pence pack 2 big lies about the environment into a single 20-second clip
Ford is expanding on-road testing of its third-generation self-driving Fusion Hybrid to Detroit. The vehicles are already deployed in Pittsburgh, Palo Alto, Miami, Washington DC, and Ford’s home turf of Dearborn, Michigan; The Verge’s Andrew Hawkins went for a drive in a previous-gen model last year and found it quite adept at handling a variety of traffic scenarios.
“Every city represents a unique opportunity to make our self-driving system smarter because of the exposure to different road infrastructure design, driving behavior and even traffic light placement,” wrote Peter Rander, president of Argo AI, the startup that Ford has backed to lead development of its self-driving cars. “The collective knowledge we’re gaining by operating in…