- Leica censored in China for ad that dramatizes the Tiananmen Square protests
- Schools keep teaching slavery and civil rights history in ways that traumatize black students
- They survived Columbine. Then came Sandy Hook. And Parkland.
- The Mueller report’s biggest mystery
- The Seth Rich conspiracy theory needs to end now
German prosecutors have charged VW’s ex-CEO Martin Winterkorn over his role in the Dieselgate scandal. Winterkorn is accused of knowing about the conspiracy as early as 2014 but failing to inform regulators or consumers. Along with four others, he’s also accused of unfair competition, embezzlement, tax evasion, and giving false witness. The New York Times notes that these are the first criminal charges to be filed against an individual in Germany over the scheme.
The former VW CEO is thought to have played a substantial role in the scandal, which saw millions of diesel vehicles sold worldwide that produced illegal levels of pollution despite appearing to pass emissions tests. In the US, the SEC has also charged the ex-CEO for defrauding…