- Machines vs. cashiers: Why shoppers are so divided over self-checkout
- An often-overlooked risk, the science of slips and falls can be life-saving
- Banning Huawei from Canada's 5G networks could be costly for taxpayers
- Canada's Sharpe, Karker finish 1-2 at World Cup ski halfpipe event
- Report: Writer Ned Benson Has Been Brought in to Rewrite the Black Widow Movie
In Elizabeth Bonesteel’s story, “Overlay,” a family works their way through a top-secret facility on an important mission. As they sneak past guards and drones, it soon becomes clear that their mission isn’t what it seems, culminating in a touching moment about connection.
Bonesteel is known for her Central Corps series (The Cold Between, Remnants of Trust, and Breach of Containment), which follows the members of a Federation-like space consortium as they deal with a looming conspiracy.
The Verge spoke with Bonesteel about VR and how it can bring families together in the far future.
This interview has been lightly edited for clarity.